- The Twelve was released in October 2012
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- 589 pages
Spoiler Warning: These book club questions contain important details about The Twelve. Finish the book before reading on.
- How would you compare The Passage with The Twelve?
- Did you enjoy the introduction of the new characters? If so, who was your favorite?
- What new villain was the most frightening to you? Why?
- What did you make of Wolgast’s and Lila’s inclusions in The Twelve?
- What do you think happened to Amy? What do you think Alicia has become?
- How would you describe Cronin’s view of humanity in how it has responded to the apocalypse?
- Is militaristic or totalitarian control the only way to deal with mass population in such a state of crisis? Why or why not?
- What do you think is in store for the remaining characters and the future of the world in Cronin’s epic?
- Why do you think Cronin would title his final book in the trilogy, The City of Mirrors?
- Rate The Twelve 1 to 5.
If your group is interested in other dark vampire trilogies, check out The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan and the two follow up books, The Fall and The Night Eternal. These books look at the vampire problem as a biological strain while staying true to ancient legend.
Disclosure: A review copy was provided by the publisher. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.