Spoiler Warning: These book club discussion questions reveal important details about The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Finish the book before reading on.
- Which characters did you find most likable and sympathetic?
- To what extent do you think a person's flaws, such as racist attitudes and behaviors, can be forgiven because it is the norm in the surrounding culture?
- Could you sympathize with Miss Hilly? Do you think it is possible to be a good mother despite deep character flaws?
- What motivated Aibileen?
- What did you think about Minny's revenge?
- How much do you think the dynamics of relationships between black people and white people have changed?
- Rate The Help on a scale of 1 to 5.