Spoiler Warning: These questions may reveal important details about The Kite Runner. Finish the book before reading on.
- What did The Kite Runner teach you about Afghanistan? About friendship? About forgiveness, redemption and love?
- Who suffers the most in The Kite Runner?
- Were you surprised to learn about the racial tension between the Pashtuns and Hazaras in Afghanistan? Can you think of any culture in the world without a history of oppression? Why do you think minority groups are oppressed so often?
- What did you like about Baba? Dislike about him? How was he different in the U.S. than in Afghanistan? Did he love Amir?
- How did learning that Hassan was Baba's son change your understanding of Baba?
- Why did Amir act so hatefully toward Hassan after he saw him get raped? Why did Hassan still love Amir?
- Did Amir ever redeem himself?
- What do you think happened to Sohrab?
- Rate The Kite Runner on a scale of one to five.