The Bottom Line
- Angry Housewives has characters you would want as friends.
- The storylines weave well, keeping a fast pace without sacrificing depth.
- Angry Housewives is written in a unique style.
- It will make you thankful for your book club (or make you want to join one).
- There isn't much discussion of the actual books the group reads.
- Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons is about five women in a book club from 1968 to 1998.
- The novel takes you through births, divorces, kids' graduations, new jobs and everything in between.
- Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons is about the importance of friendships between women.
Guide Review - Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik - Book Review
I did not want to put Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons down. It was easy to get wrapped up in the characters' lives. As I read about their experiences over three decades, I came to know the characters as if they were my friends, and it made me reflect on the experiences I have had with my own girlfriends.
Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons is well written and thoroughly enjoyable to read. I highly recommend it, especially for women's book clubs.