The Bottom Line
- Unique, interesting voice
- See the world through different eyes
- Mystery, emotion and humor
- A quick read
- I didn't have any "cons"
- A teenager with Asperger's syndrome finds a dead dog on the neighbor's lawn
- The teacher tells the boy to write a novel
- A mystery novel is born
Guide Review - Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon - Book Review
The story begins when Christopher finds a dead dog on the neighbor's lawn. As he works to figure out who killed the dog, you learn a lot about Christopher's family, past and neighbors. It soon becomes clear that the dog's murder is not the only mystery worth solving in Christopher's life.
This story will draw you in, make you laugh and cause you to see the world through different eyes. The novel entertains, but it also provides an avenue for empathizing with people with developmental disabilities. I highly recommend it for book clubs (see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time book club discussion questions) and individuals who are looking for a good read.