The Bottom Line
- 'Angels and Demons' is a fast paced page turner.
- The mix of religious and historical elements adds a unique twist to the mystery.
- Brown provides plenty of surprises.
- If you are put off by graphic violence, some descriptions may bother you.
- The religious elements might offend some people, especially Catholics.
- Part of the ending is too far-fetched -- like an action movie.
- 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown was first published in 2000.
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- 713 Pages
Guide Review - ' Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown - Book Review
Here's the catch: Dan Brown follows a certain formula with most of his books. Some people don't mind this. For me, the second book I read of his (which happened to be The Da Vinci Code) was a lot less thrilling than the first since I could predict some of the twists. If you have already read The Da Vinci Code, be warned that you might not like Angels and Demons as much as I did.