The Bottom Line
- Green’s characters are well-crafted individuals.
- Although the plot feels predictable, Green has a few surprises up her sleeve.
- Green tackles serious subjects, and the tone of her writing doesn’t always match the material.
- A group of high school friends have gone their separate ways as adults.
- A tragedy that strikes one of their friends unexpectedly brings them back together.
- The old friends come to rely on each other as they struggle in their lives.
Guide Review - Second Chance by Jane Green - Book Review
Jane Green’s Second Chance is a well-written, readable story that moves quickly. It has moments of seriousness and sadness, including a terrorist attack, that take it out of Green’s usual chick lit territory—and might turn off some readers. The bottom line, though, is that Second Chance is a solidly enjoyable novel that will appeal to Green’s many fans.